Sunday, December 5, 2010

Great-Grandpa's 90th Birthday Celebration!














So this is a very big deal for me. I was born on my mom's dad's birthday, and Lindsay was born on Grandpa Jones' birthday! It's a big deal for us! I love those fun generations things. Brandon's Grandpa and I have been chums ever since I first met him. I think I'm the tallest girl in the family flat-footed, lots of the girls are taller with their wedges and espadrilles, but, I always opt out of that fiasco due to my complete lack of grace, balance and co-ordination. When I'm ressurected, I fully expect to be able to dunk and do all sorts of amazing things sports-wise---although I probably won't care then, but I digress.

Brandon's Grandpa is great! He cracks me up and shamelessly makes me blush just about every time I see him! It's awesome. This party was no exception and I'm glad I ran out of space on the recording before he got the the blush-worthy parts, Thanks Brent for the prompt, it only took one for Grandpa to get going. Sheesh!;)

Anyway, it was so fun to hear all his musings on life and love and basketball and the War and Grandma. It was great to get a picture with the two Jer-Bears---that would be Grandpa and Jeremy, one of only a very few of the next generation of "Jones Boys"---boys desended from Grandpa who actually have the last name of Jones. I am very proud that Jeremy is one of them. He is shaping up to be a great one and live up to his wonderful, faithful heritage---the strong blood that believes! Love it!!

We had the most wonderful time filled with chatting and hugs and the most WONDERFUL Mexican food EVER!!!!! It really is amazing how this family can cook!!! I need to take lessons!!! Seriously!

Love You So much Grandpa!!!You're the only one we have left!!!Hope we get to have you for a long time to come!!!

No comments: