Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Halloween Saturday!!!





















Yep, this year we hid like hermits on Sunday and had our spooky fun on Saturday. We had spooky food and spooky drink. We went to a frosty, spooky ward party and had a spooky feast of ridiculously bad for us candy. And then we started a tradition that will live long---we watched The Wizard of Oz for the first time ever! I know, it's entirely my fault. I was really afraid of the Wicked Witch when I was a girl and didn't want to have my kids traumatized by her too. But turns out, we were fine, I did fast forward a bit in the castle, she's just so mean and wretched to Dorothy! But the kids were enchanted by Judy Garland and her amazing voice and loveliness, the whimsical scarecrow and the tinman and Lion. It was so wonderful for Brandon and I all over again becasue it had been so long since we had seen it as well, to get to watch it again with them, magical! A wonderful and decidedly fabulous new Halloween tradition!!! Oh, and in case you couldn't guess, Bethany was a Great Grey Owl, Lindsay was a teddy bear doctor, Jeremy was indeed a ham sandwich and Rebekah was a Princess Ballerina. Love it!!

No comments: