Yes Folks, that's right, we have another seamstress in the family. Bethany LOVES fabric as much as I do, scary, I know. Thankfully she is content for the time being with my fabric scrap box which is ponderous. She however, did not want to learn how to sew on the mini machine I started teaching Lindsay on. She said she preferred to wait until she had enough saved to buy herself a "real" machine. Hmmmm. So for right now she has become very adept at hand sewing, so good in fact thatI just gave her an heirloon owl thimble to help with the callous she is getting from pushing that needle through. She handmade Jeremy an owl like this one she named Soren for Christmas. She also made Lindsay a bear for Christmas. Yesterday she made a horse out ot the needlecraft book she recieved for Christmas and today she was working on a bag out of the same book---all hand stitched! ( I guess I just gave away how far behind on this Blog I am, sorry!) I am so proud of her!!! Way to go Bethany!!
Monday, December 27, 2010
Bethany's Seamstressing Creations!
Yes Folks, that's right, we have another seamstress in the family. Bethany LOVES fabric as much as I do, scary, I know. Thankfully she is content for the time being with my fabric scrap box which is ponderous. She however, did not want to learn how to sew on the mini machine I started teaching Lindsay on. She said she preferred to wait until she had enough saved to buy herself a "real" machine. Hmmmm. So for right now she has become very adept at hand sewing, so good in fact thatI just gave her an heirloon owl thimble to help with the callous she is getting from pushing that needle through. She handmade Jeremy an owl like this one she named Soren for Christmas. She also made Lindsay a bear for Christmas. Yesterday she made a horse out ot the needlecraft book she recieved for Christmas and today she was working on a bag out of the same book---all hand stitched! ( I guess I just gave away how far behind on this Blog I am, sorry!) I am so proud of her!!! Way to go Bethany!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment