This was what I heard and this is what I found. SO sweet! I was proud that Rebekah knew the order, but it was just a priceless little nugget of time for me, I can't even explain why. Rebekah is so different from Bethany and Lindsay, for which I am grateful. It keeps me on my toes because I can't do with her what I did with them.I am thankful for the challenge and I pray that I can help her along her path here. She has such a mighty spirit and intelligence and brightness. I feel so thankful for the choice spirits Heavenly Father allowed Brandon and I to watch over here on Earth. I do plead every day that I can do what He needs me to do for them while I get to have this sacred stewardship over them. I don't take it lightly and I feel it is the most important thing I will do here on earth, my legacy, well that and the kind of companion I am to Brandon. Truly, family offers the hardest challenges, the most opportunity for hurt and frustration and feelings of inadequacy; but there is no place or realm or institution that can offer the perks. I have felt more pure, heart-swelling joy in this life I have been blessed to live than I ever thought my frame was capable of holding; more pride, more humility, more happiness, more depth of humanity than I ever knew was possible before I embarked on this. Brandon, after a particularly rowdy dinner, asked what we would have thought if we had seen a video recording of that dinner before we were parents. Hmmmm. Who knows, but I do know I wouldn't have chosen differently and he said the same. Yep, it's so hard sometimes, and crazy, and loud, and irrational, but it's all part of the journey and we get to be a part of it. I'm not lonely and I'm not bored. Those things right there are more blessings than I ever thought I could deserve! Thank Heavens for Families!!!
Monday, December 27, 2010
" I made a rainbow Mommy!"
This was what I heard and this is what I found. SO sweet! I was proud that Rebekah knew the order, but it was just a priceless little nugget of time for me, I can't even explain why. Rebekah is so different from Bethany and Lindsay, for which I am grateful. It keeps me on my toes because I can't do with her what I did with them.I am thankful for the challenge and I pray that I can help her along her path here. She has such a mighty spirit and intelligence and brightness. I feel so thankful for the choice spirits Heavenly Father allowed Brandon and I to watch over here on Earth. I do plead every day that I can do what He needs me to do for them while I get to have this sacred stewardship over them. I don't take it lightly and I feel it is the most important thing I will do here on earth, my legacy, well that and the kind of companion I am to Brandon. Truly, family offers the hardest challenges, the most opportunity for hurt and frustration and feelings of inadequacy; but there is no place or realm or institution that can offer the perks. I have felt more pure, heart-swelling joy in this life I have been blessed to live than I ever thought my frame was capable of holding; more pride, more humility, more happiness, more depth of humanity than I ever knew was possible before I embarked on this. Brandon, after a particularly rowdy dinner, asked what we would have thought if we had seen a video recording of that dinner before we were parents. Hmmmm. Who knows, but I do know I wouldn't have chosen differently and he said the same. Yep, it's so hard sometimes, and crazy, and loud, and irrational, but it's all part of the journey and we get to be a part of it. I'm not lonely and I'm not bored. Those things right there are more blessings than I ever thought I could deserve! Thank Heavens for Families!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment