We always go to this open spot off Quintana Rd. each year and take these pictures. Last year we waited too long, much to my chagrin. This year we first tried too early and the kids freaked out! I thought it was kind of pretty, all those lovely green stalks, but it was nearly blasphemous to them---No Sunflowers???? I actually didn't even think they cared one way or another. It really made me realize how much they truly love and adore even thensimplest of traditions. Love it! SO, we waited a week and then went back. Seriously, in our many years of going, this was the most breathtaking they have ever been! It seemed like there were MILLIONS of them and they entirely filled the little valley that was created there! AMAZING!!!! and just in one weeks time! Wow!! And the kids are pretty amazing as well!! hee, hee, yeah, I'm biased!
Friday, October 1, 2010
Sunflowers!!
We always go to this open spot off Quintana Rd. each year and take these pictures. Last year we waited too long, much to my chagrin. This year we first tried too early and the kids freaked out! I thought it was kind of pretty, all those lovely green stalks, but it was nearly blasphemous to them---No Sunflowers???? I actually didn't even think they cared one way or another. It really made me realize how much they truly love and adore even thensimplest of traditions. Love it! SO, we waited a week and then went back. Seriously, in our many years of going, this was the most breathtaking they have ever been! It seemed like there were MILLIONS of them and they entirely filled the little valley that was created there! AMAZING!!!! and just in one weeks time! Wow!! And the kids are pretty amazing as well!! hee, hee, yeah, I'm biased!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
SO PRETTY! I mean, really, I'm just awed!
Post a Comment