So here we are, Rebekah and I for our last year with just her and me. Wow. That went by so fast. It feels like I just had her! But at the same time I feel like we have lived so much life in these 4 years. She is amazing and I am so thankful to have this time. I know it will be gone before I am ready and it's already racing by.
Before Preschool started, we had a few weeks to just hang out, get back into the school routine and catch our breath from the summer activities. So fun! One of our favorite things to do has been to hang out in the front yard. Rebekah has played under the Japanese Ash reading to her polar bear or having a tea party with all the 18" dolls. She has LOVED having those all to herself while the big girls are away---yes, with permission---and it has been so fun to watch and listen to her adventures.
I get to pay attention to my flowers and plants, which I will all too soon be missing. I have concluded that a beautiful yard takes a whole lot of hard work. I have also concluded that I LOVE to do that work and I could see myself in retirement having a LOVELY time gardening and nothing else---yeah, like that will ever happen. But seriously, I love to have my hands in dirt, pruning, encouraging and watching the fruits of my labors, as if my work is the sole reason they thrive. I really think it's because I love to give people flowers that Heavenly Father makes so many grow! LOVE IT!!! And don't get me wrong. I LOVE every season for it's variety and wonder and different kinds of fun work, but I know I will miss the dirt when it's frozen solid.
This day, for some reason I was musing as I sniped spent cosmos heads about the gift some photographers have---we are related to some incredibly GIFTED ones---to be able to catch just that perfect moment so often. I know this isn't by chance, I have set in on and participated in enough of these sessions to know that these artists work tirelessly for those shots and sometimes take hundreds of pictures to capture that moment. But, today, for some reason I thought maybe it was also a bit of having the camera at the right place and time. Rebekah was playing by the cosmos and so I deciced to grab the camera and see what happened. The result was beginners luck, but SO much fun for me!!! Man is she beautiful! And am I ever grateful for beginners luck. I am really trying to remember the camers more often now. :)

1 comment:
Awww, what a sweet post! Beautiful pics of a beautiful girl!
Post a Comment