OK, so Sara knows the story behind all this, but here it is. I have had several dear friends and others as well give me button tins, largely becasue I run a preschool and summer camps and if that weren't enough reason, I love to sew as well. Each and every one has yielded at least one treasure which I have saved back from the creative mobs kids make when they see so many amazing and fun buttons---I was like that as a kid too! ---Anyway, I just KNEW that someday a reason for those beautiful buttons would present itself. And here we go. Funds are tight, theya re for everybody. But as I was contemplating what on earth to do for Sara, who I love and always have, it hit me like a lightening bolt! Her whole wedding theme is "vintage", which fits her perfectly becasue she adores vintage everything. AND I love the quote about True Love by Elder Holland in the April conference. So this little brain child began to form in my head. Thank you Tanya for teaching me over the phone how to decopage!!! ANyway, the vintage buttons found a home and I have never been happier!! Everyone there told me she loved it, as she did herself. She said, "You know me SO well"....did that ever make my month!!! It meant so much to me that she liked something I made with my hands instead of getting something at the store. Yay Sara!!!
Friday, October 1, 2010
Sara's Bridal Shower Gift
OK, so Sara knows the story behind all this, but here it is. I have had several dear friends and others as well give me button tins, largely becasue I run a preschool and summer camps and if that weren't enough reason, I love to sew as well. Each and every one has yielded at least one treasure which I have saved back from the creative mobs kids make when they see so many amazing and fun buttons---I was like that as a kid too! ---Anyway, I just KNEW that someday a reason for those beautiful buttons would present itself. And here we go. Funds are tight, theya re for everybody. But as I was contemplating what on earth to do for Sara, who I love and always have, it hit me like a lightening bolt! Her whole wedding theme is "vintage", which fits her perfectly becasue she adores vintage everything. AND I love the quote about True Love by Elder Holland in the April conference. So this little brain child began to form in my head. Thank you Tanya for teaching me over the phone how to decopage!!! ANyway, the vintage buttons found a home and I have never been happier!! Everyone there told me she loved it, as she did herself. She said, "You know me SO well"....did that ever make my month!!! It meant so much to me that she liked something I made with my hands instead of getting something at the store. Yay Sara!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment