Friday, October 1, 2010

Veet Springs Secret Adventure Friday























We of course have done this before, and on thinking about it afterward, it was at the same time of the year! But it was two years ago. This time we all hiked it ourselves! Rebekah, being 4 and posessing the shortest legs of the bunch, STILL was a trouper and did a great job! It was fun this time too because our other dear friends got to come too! VERY fun!! And Sue had a flashlight! Why is it that I ALWAYS forget??? I need to just throw one in the backpack that stays there all the time, preferably the ones with a hand crank so I don't have to worry about the batts wearing out.

Despite the lack of flashllight, it was so much fun. This hke sports ups, downs and long stretches that the kids can grun ahead and still be seen by the grown-ups---Jeremy LOVES to do that, just go out on his own ahead of the bunch. It was so beautiful! The extra rain was evident EVERYWHERE!!!!! In one place we found a rock covered in moss, lichen and mushrooms; three kinds of living things all growing on the same rock, and the lichen for how long? It was fun to have the kids guess. :)

The spring was amazing, the cabin more snow-beaten, but still SO cool, the petroglyphs as incredible and that cave just so much fun--but very close---these kids have grown a lot in 2 years! I was trying very hard to not remember that I am borderline claustrophobic. It was all in all, a total blast!!!

WE LOVE HIKING!!!! And big, big rocks!

No comments: