Friday, July 9, 2010

SUMMER CAMPS!!!!!!
















So this summer I have done three of our four camps already, the last installment is next week. It's Science week and we are recycling up a storm, Baby!! Each camp have all been SO fun and I have loved every minute!!! It gives me such great personal satisfaction and happiness to see kids so engaged in fun and productive activities!

During Arts week, we made 4 and 5 complete projects every day and during cooking week, WHOA!!!! 6 and 7 recipes every day, the kids had so many yummy treats to take home! And the play was my favorite play YET!! It was AWESOME!!!!! A pirate tale with Captain Jack---who was really a Sparrow and his crew of Birdie pirates, including the fearsome Blue Bird( instead of Blue Beard, ha ha ha!) as first mate and a pirate Mustang bodyguard! The tale goes that they were looking for the world's yummiest birdseed, which of course was buried on an island, which OF COURSE was inhabited by no less than the Chip-ettes, two groovin' hamsters, a werewolf, a cheetah, a monkey and a woodpecker....oh and Belle lived there too. Only they couldn't just make a snatch and grab, because an angel kept reminding them that pirates or no, they had to PAY for their buried treasure. Oh, and there were some Orca involved too! Honestly, the stuff these kids came up with!!! And what was even funnier to me was that even though we never even were able to make a complete run through the WHOLE week after the initial reading, they STILL pulled off this amazingly charming, and hilariously acted play!

I feel so blessed that this in what my job is during the summer! Thank you my Dear Brandon for giving me this gift! Honestly, if Brandon was a "toy" man, or a man of the world with all it's ridiculous and excessively expensive distractions, I never would be able to have the life I live, and I would be miserable. But as it is, I am married to the most wonderful, the most amazing, the most inspiring and loving and funny and gorgeous and fabulous and patient and giving and understanding man on the planet, so I get to run a preschool out of our home and teach summer camps and be so blissfully happy because he understands what's important to me! Wow, Thank Heavens for Brandon!!! oh, and summertime too!

No comments: