Monday, July 5, 2010

Singing to Grandmother and Swimming










We went to Chandler the Saturday before Memorial Day. Our first activity was to go over to the group home and sing some Primary songs for her. The kids were a bit timid, but it was beautiful. They sang I Am a Child of God, I Love To See the Temple and Teach Me to Walk in the Light. There were other ladies there too who listened. Afterward, Mom and I stayed while Brandon took the kiddos back to their house. I played the viola and Mom played the piano to some hymns from the old hymn book that these ladies knew and loved. SO precious. I was thankful to get to be there and share their beautiful spirits. After that, Grandmother started hurting, so Sam, the caregiver, took her back to her room.

When we got back, we all swam the entire afternoon and had a blast with Tamara and her kids, the Three T's; Troy, Tiffany and Tyler. Too Fun!!!!

Then we had dinner together and it was just such a great day all around. What we didn't know then was that Grandmother would pass away a little over a week later and this is the last picture of her here in her earthly life. What a treasure it's become! I'm so thankful the kids could do this small service for her.

No comments: