OK, So this Idea was apparently in the Friend Magazine, but I missed it. Dina, my dear and wonderful friend told me about it as I was venting my frustrations about the fight fright that our Sunday mornings had become, despite all my efforts to achieve the exact opposite. Anyway, the idea is that you set up "stations" to have the kids rotate to for a set amount of time. I made up tickets that have the numbers 1-6 on them to punch like the Conductor on the PBS show DinoTrain, which my kids LOVE, even Bethany. SO, we tried it, and with VERY little effort on my part, we have had 3 Sundays squabble free and the kids LOVE it! When they fill up all their numbers with punches, they get to choose a Liken movie to eat their lunch with. SO FUN!!!!! Seriously, the stations have been things like painting a picture, playing with Legos, writing a letter or postcard, playing games on the Friend Website---Rebekah LOVES the part where you can listen to stories read with the pictures flowing to the words, it's under the "For Little Friends" tab, going outside and playing---which because it's one kid per station, there's no loudness or craziness outside. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! YAY Sunday Stations!!!!!
Friday, July 9, 2010
Blessed Sunday Stations!
OK, So this Idea was apparently in the Friend Magazine, but I missed it. Dina, my dear and wonderful friend told me about it as I was venting my frustrations about the fight fright that our Sunday mornings had become, despite all my efforts to achieve the exact opposite. Anyway, the idea is that you set up "stations" to have the kids rotate to for a set amount of time. I made up tickets that have the numbers 1-6 on them to punch like the Conductor on the PBS show DinoTrain, which my kids LOVE, even Bethany. SO, we tried it, and with VERY little effort on my part, we have had 3 Sundays squabble free and the kids LOVE it! When they fill up all their numbers with punches, they get to choose a Liken movie to eat their lunch with. SO FUN!!!!! Seriously, the stations have been things like painting a picture, playing with Legos, writing a letter or postcard, playing games on the Friend Website---Rebekah LOVES the part where you can listen to stories read with the pictures flowing to the words, it's under the "For Little Friends" tab, going outside and playing---which because it's one kid per station, there's no loudness or craziness outside. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! YAY Sunday Stations!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment