Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy 11th Birthday Bethany!!!

Oh My goodness!! How in the world can this be??? here she is! 11 and ready for middle school and tall and beautiful and talented and amazing!! Bethany, you have overcome such hard times this last school year, Daddy and I are SO proud of your fortitude, your desire to be kind and do you very best desipte the hurtful and aggressive and derogatory actions on one heinous person in your class. Daddy and I are overwhelmed by your depth of spirit and your grace under such fire and your courage. You are truly a royal Daughter of God and I know He can depend on you! We are SO blessed to have you in our home!!

Bethany LOVES to read! This last year she has read ALL the Warriors Books by Erin HUnter she can get her hands on. She now is reading the Guardians of Ga-Hoole Series and Harry Potter, of course! Dina gave her The Single Shard which she adored as well! bethany loves to sculpt and to create artwork out of clay. She is a gifted artist with paints and pencils, Brandon and I are pretty amazed! She has a grasp of depth and perspective that I NEVER had in all my years of serious artistic endeavor and she's only just 11! Bethany has the most beautiful singing voice and is in 2 choirs at school. She is amazing and shines there as well!! She won 2nd place overall at the Sciece Fair this year and did the most splendid and well laid out science project on whether weight predicted crystal amounts in geodes! LOVE IT!!! Her teachers, Mr. Russ Kasch and Mr. John Coe rave about her, about her patience and brilliance and her depth of knowledge and wisdom and leadership in the class. Mr. Coe actually was relieved to hear that she rough houses with Jeremy at home because she is so poised and perfect at school, he wondered if she ever "let loose" a little. She can rough House with the best of them, rest assured!! Her fave color is blue right now and she loves earthy colors, colors of horses and owls and cats. :)We have had so many conversations at bedtime about Heavenly Father and her growing testimony that have deepened my gratitude of our Savior and Heavenly Father. They are pretty sacred to me. I know if Bethany stays close to the Spirit, she will always find the Divine along with her intellect! Amazing!

I asked Bethany if she wanted a camp over her birthday week and if so which one. She wanted the Baking camp---LOVE IT!!!---and for her birthday, Cake Decorating!!!! I am not a specialist at this, but we sure had fun!!! Happy Birthday Bethany!!!





No comments: