Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spring Break = New Family Room and Bookshelves













I am SO beyond freaked out HAPPY about these upgrades we've been blessed to make---yes, I said MAKE!!! Not me personally, but please refer to the post about my wonderful and AMAZING husband--wow, I am so lucky to get to say that and LIVE it!!! But again, I digress.

We have been thinking for a long while that we are sick and tired of the cheapy Target bookshelves that we have had our entire marriage. We have looked online, at used stores, Craigslist, the works. No dice, nothing strong and durable and simply crafted that would be our taste and stand up to our family and my occupation---preschool teacher and summer camp director.

So, Brandon figured it out. Yep, just what I said. He thought about it and thought about it and then came up with a plan and drew it all up, measured it all out, went to Home Depot, cut everything, and built it, just like that. We are getting our money's worth over and over from the chop saw that Brandon wondered about when we got it. Yep, GOOOOOOOD investment!! It took him 2 days to make 2 small bookshelves and one ginormous bookshelf--and they all fit PERFECTLY where they needed to go, he's a GENIOUS! He actually had to build the big one IN the family room because it was so huge that we would not have been able to get it into the house. Then I painted them and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them SOOOOOOOOOO much!!!! I couldn't be happier, they are beautiful and totally clean up our family room and living room.

Then, by total blessing from Heavenly Father---that is seriously the only answer because we have been looking for a computer desk for such a long time too, everywhere, even considering buying one new, which was ridiculous because we couldn''t even find one online that we liked and the prices were astronomical---Brandon found one on Craigslist and called and it was PERFECT, the same exact style as Brandon's furniture from when he was a kid---the dresser of which we have in the family room as our entertainment center to keep all the DVD's and stuff. So we put the hutch on top and set it up and Voila!!! We have a new Family room for the price of the lumber, which was $300, $90 for all the paint and stuff for that part and the desk, which was $140. We figured we saved $9000!!!!! YAY!!!

Did I mention Brandon was amazing?

1 comment:

AsylumTanya said...

I LOVE it! It really looks great! You guys worked really hard, I can tell!