OK, so we really diddn't have great snow like last winter, worry. Hmmmm. BUT THIS was a great storm and we LOVED every minute of play time we got out of it....and it was nice that everything got a drink! :) You have to know that the sky REALLY does look like this when there is a big snow storm, I'm referring to the pink sky at night. I took these at midnight and because all the lights were reflected off the moisture in the clouds, or something like that, the sky stays pink and you can see everything, we LOVE pink skies!!!
Jeremy was the man with the plan this time, he was craving a dino, so we built one. I know, I get a little nutty, but it was a blast to make and the kids had a great time!!! It's amazing how strong snow can be when it's packed in hard and working together, but so cool how each flake is so unique!! This storm started the day before and walking to school the little flakes were absolutely discernable for a little bit of time. I am fascinated by these tiny little miracles!!!! Heavenly Father rules worlds without end, yet He cares enough to make each snowflake that falls different, and has the know how and creativity within those physical laws and realms to make them that way. It's amazing to me! I totally can see how Snowflake Bentley found so much delight in trying to capture these little amazements in picture form!
Sorry, I digress.
Anyway, it was an amazing time in the snow!! Interestingly enough, we had all our major storms this year over the weekends, yes, driving up herry Hill to church was terrifying, but I LOVE our suburban and it's wide wheels and heavy weight and 4-wheel drive. But we never once used a snow day! Go figure!

No comments:
Post a Comment