Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!





Wow, How blessed are we to get to be a part of this amazing man's journey here on earth?? I'm praying for a very long journey to accompany him! He tells jokes, he tickles, he delivers cheesy movie lines with skillful ease and prowess, he makes me laugh hysterically or calms me down when I need it. He makes us all feel special and valued---and by such a special man, that does WONDERS for our self-esteems'! Brandon is the kind of man I hope and pray my girls can find someday and the kind of man I hope and pray Jeremy will be someday. He does have faults, I'll tell you that! He leaves his socks on the floor sometimes and forgets to make the bed. Yeah, I know, I have it SOOOOOOOOO rough!

He is my best friend! I feel so blessed every day to get to belong to my best friend, my very best, very truest, most wonderful friend. We're coming up on our sixteenth wedding aniversary. It is so very close for me---as I met him when I was 18---to say that I have known him and had his sweet and kind and funny pressence in my life longer than I lived without him. Wow. It's amazing to me as I see the calibur---or lack thereof--- of the male population in the world , how remarkable Brandon is. He is completely honest in all his dealings. And even though that sometimes means he tells me I look silly or the dinner is NOT a keeper, I value that, I know that I can trust that to be the honest truth.

He loves humankind, every person he meets he is somehow able to remember that no matter how annoying or rude or whatever they may be, they are still children of our Heavenly Father and worthy of respect. He values their inner potential, their inner beauty, their comments, their views, their offerings to the world. Contrast this with so many men on this planet who reduce a woman's importance to "eye candy" totally disregarding her mind, her abilities, her essence. I have never in our time together heard Brandon make a derogatory comment about a woman's body, or a shallow leer at the world's view of sexy, beautiful, stylish--never a comment at a tv or movie actress, never in public, never in private, never, not once. His definition of true beauty makes me smile all day long and feel all warm and tingly, well, actually just plain filled with pure joy. How fortunate for me; how self-esteem saving for our daughters. What a beautiful example for our son about how Heavenly Father's sacred daughters should be treated.

Now, he is still human, I mean I'm not married to an immortal being, just one in training who got all straight A's in the Pre-existece!!He has bad days just like everyone, his are just very few and far between. We are so thankful for this mighty, creative, determined, imaginative, hillarious, humble AND strong man of God. Seriously, we thank God every day for Brandon, he is a blessing and a miracle to me. Yes, we are adoring. He deserves every bit of it! Happy Birthday, my dear Brandon!!

In case you missed it, he LOVES penguins!

1 comment:

AsylumTanya said...

What a sweet, kind tribute to your husband! It is great to be honest and let the whole world know the kind of man you are married to!