Sunday, May 23, 2010

Preschool "Tea" Party






Tuesday I asked the kids what they might like to do for the last real day of Preschool, which was last Wednesday, the 19th. They wanted a pajama party. I thought that was a fine idea and the thought popped into my head that it would be cute to have a very fancy tea party in our jammies. So we did! Rebekah was a champ driving to all the thrift stores in town with me to scare up some cups and saucers at prices I could afford. We found some of the sweetest pieces ever and some of them are very old! It was just like a treasure hunt! One lady asked if I was sure about letting Preschoolers use such fine and very breakable stuff, I wasn't, but willing to give it a try. I made fancy cookies and Madelines with a $20 pan that I got for $2 at the Goodwill. We had hot chocolate in our cups with marshmallows in the sugar and real cream in the creamer. It was so much fun and the kids were amazing! SO careful and so keen on trying to remember all their manners! THIS is a keeper of a tradition!

No comments: