Monday, June 7, 2010

Our NEW Preschool and Dining Room!!!!













OK, so I have to say that this poor room has seen more use from our family with the least amount of TLC in return than any other room in our house! It's such an enduring room! When we moved into this house it was a hole, literally if it had been inspected, it might have been condemned. Well, I guess I don't KNOW that, seeing as I have no clue what the standards are for that sort of thing, but it was in the worst shape of any house I had ever seen or been in. BUT the price was right and the landlady was willing to pay for the supplies if we would supply the labor. Brandon was at work all day in a job that was very new and overwhelming to him, so I was the chief house fixer--- a job that I relished! I had in my mind's eye the vision of Mary re-doing the old Granvill place in It's a Wonderful Life with her little ones around her. I only had Bethany, who was amazing through all this, but I was pregnant with Lindsay. Well, I started to have complications with that pregnancy and was told to cease and desist immediately. Which of course I did, enter one brother extraordinaire, Kevin!! But the then family room had the least help and that was that. Well, when we re-did the house during the addition---walls ripped out, bathroom separated by a sheet, no kitchen wall, CHAOS---the only room that we could live in was again that family room, soon to be preschool room. BUT I was pregnant with Rebekah then and tiling at 8 months pregnant with my belly nearly touching the kitchen floor left no energy to do a thing with that room.

But WAIT!!!! Here I am, NOT pregnant, and able---FINALLY---to fix and tend to and make beautiful this room where so many important things in our lives have happened! Things like deciding on the names of three of our four children, reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and freaking out at the end, (that is such a strong memory); watching our kiddos take their first steps, making my first real Thanksgiving meal, creating wonderment in myriad ways for the delight of very fleetingly small children---it's amazing how these rough and hard walls become a home to us. Wow!

So here it is! Our newly refinished Preschool room! I love it!

No comments: