Brandon is amazing to me. I know it bugs him when I have teased him in the past about his handiman/carpenter skills. And for a long time, he really seemed to hate doing things like that. But ever since we did our addition with so many dear family and friends helping, the dam has been broken. He has gotten an idea into his head. He has relentlessly thought about every angle of the idea, how to bring it to the most perfect fruition. And then, he's made it happen! He is a genious! The tree house extraordinaire, Bethany's AMAZING loft bed and desk, the gerbil maze--that is pretty cool, and now this swingset! We knew that the kids weren't too big yet, but were getting there soon. Last summer for camp I had all the existing swings going with older, bigger campers and the whole structure was rocking. SO, Brandon has just been planning away and as soon as the weather got warm enough, Voila! Of course, I feel badly because I was NO help at all. The two days he worked on it were pretty crazy for me so he ended up being the one to haul all 12 60Lb. bags of concrete up down, around and into the wheel barrow and then mix it all to anchor the bases. He found the monstrously heavy steel A-frame brackets online and got the pressure treated lumber home in the minivan--somehow! ;)And then when we thought we would lose the monkey bars, he found a way to keep them as well so now our structure is a huge L with the slide off the front. The man is a genious! Did I say that already? I am so blessed!!! He can do anything!By the way, the one old picture is from when we originally put up the play set in Spring 2005. Amazing!
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Our New Play Area, Courtesy of the Coolest, most AMAZING Daddy in the WORLD!
Brandon is amazing to me. I know it bugs him when I have teased him in the past about his handiman/carpenter skills. And for a long time, he really seemed to hate doing things like that. But ever since we did our addition with so many dear family and friends helping, the dam has been broken. He has gotten an idea into his head. He has relentlessly thought about every angle of the idea, how to bring it to the most perfect fruition. And then, he's made it happen! He is a genious! The tree house extraordinaire, Bethany's AMAZING loft bed and desk, the gerbil maze--that is pretty cool, and now this swingset! We knew that the kids weren't too big yet, but were getting there soon. Last summer for camp I had all the existing swings going with older, bigger campers and the whole structure was rocking. SO, Brandon has just been planning away and as soon as the weather got warm enough, Voila! Of course, I feel badly because I was NO help at all. The two days he worked on it were pretty crazy for me so he ended up being the one to haul all 12 60Lb. bags of concrete up down, around and into the wheel barrow and then mix it all to anchor the bases. He found the monstrously heavy steel A-frame brackets online and got the pressure treated lumber home in the minivan--somehow! ;)And then when we thought we would lose the monkey bars, he found a way to keep them as well so now our structure is a huge L with the slide off the front. The man is a genious! Did I say that already? I am so blessed!!! He can do anything!By the way, the one old picture is from when we originally put up the play set in Spring 2005. Amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment